In 2017, Brian Morrison told me he was considering putting on a race in the mountains surrounding the Teanaway Valley. Both of us have history with this area which made me excited the minute I heard about it because the trails are rugged, remote, and absolutely beautiful. I signed up and finished the inaugural year and came back in 2019 and loved it. Both Brian and I are excited to share these trails with others so come spend a weekend at the best home base near the Teanaway trails, Flying Horseshoe Ranch. Whether you are signed up for Teanaway Country 100, curious to see more before taking the 100 mile plunge, or just want to enjoy the Teanaway trails with like-minded people, consider joining us July 10-12, 2020!
Registration will open in January 22, 2020 via Ultrasignup. Space is limited to 25 participants, and a minimum of 8 participants.
Participants should plan on a 6-8 hour day on the Teanaway Country 100 course Saturday, and 3-4 hour day Sunday morning. We will break up into 3 groups based on participants’ preference and pace. Each group will have a lead and caboose, and routes will be light course marked to ensure everyone returns safely. Routes will be posted several weeks leading up to the weekend.
Flying Horseshoe Ranch – directions & lodging
Check-in, parking, & lodging is located at Flying Horseshoe Ranch. There is not a more well run or well kept guest ranch in Washington than Flying Horseshoe Ranch. From the FHR website:
Flying Horseshoe Ranch is an easy 90 minute drive from the Greater Seattle area on I-90.
Take exit 85 just past Cle Elum, and continue east approximately four miles on Highway 970.
Look for the Ranch sign on the left.
Or, using GPS, turn left on Red Bridge Road at approximately 3 miles. Your GPS might still say Masterson Road, but you will see the new Red Bridge Road county sign to the left.
Flying Horseshoe Ranch
The Blackburn Family
3190 Red Bridge Road
Cle Elum, WA 98922
Tel: (509) 674-2366
- 5:00-7:00pm – check-in
- 7:00pm – Dinner & weekend welcome and briefing by Brian and Gretchen
Saturday (tentative until routes are posted)
- 6:00-7:00am – breakfast
- 7:30am – depart from FHR to trailhead
- 8:30am – arrive at trailhead and prep for run
- 9:00am – hit the trails!
- 4:00ishpm – happy hour/snacks at cars
- 6:00pm – arrive at FHR
- 7:00pm – dinner and recap of the day (with a beer or beverage of choice, of course)
Sunday (tentative routes are posted)
- 5:30am – depart from FHR to trailhead, breakfast burritos on the go
- 6:30am – arrive at trailhead and prep for run
- 7:00am – hit the trails!
- 12:00ishpm – happy hour/snacks at cars
- 1:30pm – arrive at FHR to pack
- 2:30pm – optional lunch in Roslyn (not included in price)
- Do you have to register for Teanaway Country 100 to attend? No, we will let the trails speak for themselves and if they speak loud enough to sign-up, awesome! If it’s not your jam, that’s cool too.
- Are meals included? Friday and Saturday dinners and Saturday & Sunday breakfasts are included in the price along with snacks and drink after Saturday’s run. A menu will be posted weeks leading up to the weekend (gluten free and vegetarian meal options will be available). Fuel for Saturday and Sunday runs is up to the participant along with additional snacks. There is a refrigerator at FHR to store cold items.
- Is lodging included? Yes. Sleep cabins are included in the price. You do need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and toiletries. Each cabin sleeps 8 people so you will be lodging with other participants. If you’d rather camp, that’s fine but there may be additional charges by FHR.
- Am I responsible for driving to the trailheads? No, we plan on coming up with transportation to the trailheads to and from FHR.
- Do I have to run Sunday morning? No, if you are too pooped from the day before or overindulged in Saturday’s post-run meal and beverages, we won’t give you a hard time. Make the weekend what you want.
- Are there showers? Yes. Nice ones, too.
- Are there refunds? A 75% refund will be offered until June 10. After June 10, there will be no refunds.
- Can I rollover my registration for the next year? No