Twilight 12 Hour was created to provide people with a fun and safe environment to run night miles between 7pm-7am . It just happens to be on a beautiful guest ranch in Cle Elum Washington and includes a community aid station and a massive breakfast Sunday morning. Make April 25-26, 2020 what you want => running on trails at night for the first time, a training run for your next ultra, a place to meet like-minded trail runners, or a weekend getaway with friends or family.
SOLD OUT for 2020 – A waitlist has started on Ultrasignup. People on the Twilight waitlist will receive an early event to The Golden 6 Hour between October 28-November 12. The Golden 6 Hour registration will go live November 13. Please note: no refunds
Results // King & Queen of Loops
This is an event where you create your own results. See example below. No official results are posted on Ultrasignup.
At breakfast Sunday morning, there is a prize for the King & Queen of Loops. Past Kings and Queens:
- 2019: Steven Kent (26 loops) & Jenn Love (22 loops)
- 2018: Arthur Martineau (24 loops) & Cami Tasker (20 loops)
- 2017: (King -?!) & Yitka Winn
- 2016: Todd Hundsdorfer & Julie Cassata
Course // Aid Station
The 2.3ish mile loop on the hillside above the ranch has a little bit of everything. From stretches of beautiful single track trail, to short ravines and a creek crossing, to a descent down a gravel road with a steep climb to close the loop, people spread out quickly.
Aid Station – BRING YOUR FAVORITE AID STATION ITEM
This is where the fun begins! What is the food or drink that gets you through the night in an ultra? What is a must-have staple that needs to be at an aid station? Each year, a huge assortment of food and drinks is collected for an impressive aid station. A sign-up sheet will be sent to registered participants in March so everyone can see what others are bringing. Water will be provided but the rest is up to you and your running peers!
Flying Horseshoe Ranch – directions & lodging
Check-in, parking, camping, & lodging is located at Flying Horseshoe Ranch. There is not a more well run or well kept guest ranch in Washington than Flying Horseshoe Ranch. Camping is free and lodging is half price. Call Penny Blackburn, the owner of FHR, to reserve a cabin – (509) 674-2366. The course & aid station location is on the hillside across the street from the ranch (less than a five minute walk). From the FHR website:
Flying Horseshoe Ranch is an easy 90 minute drive from the Greater Seattle area on I-90.
Take exit 85 just past Cle Elum, and continue east approximately four miles on Highway 970.
Look for the Ranch sign on the left.
Or, using GPS, turn left on Red Bridge Road at approximately 3 miles. Your GPS might still say Masterson Road, but you will see the new Red Bridge Road county sign to the left.
Flying Horseshoe Ranch
The Blackburn Family
3190 Red Bridge Road
Cle Elum, WA 98922
Tel: (509) 674-2366
- 5:00-6:30pm – check-in (any family or friends spectating or camping on the ranch must sign a liability waiver)
- 6:45pm – pre-run briefing
- 7:00pm – run into the sunset
- 6:00am-9:00am – kitchen is closed to allow the breakfast crew to make pancakes and bacon
- 7:00am – finish into the sunrise
- 8:30am – breakfast
- 9:30am – Award for King and Queen of Loops
- Are family and friends allowed to come? Yes! They will need to be accounted for on the aid station/breakfast spreadsheet which will be sent to registered participants in March. One year we ran out of bacon for runners going all 12 hours because guests not accounted for were helping themselves to breakfast – yikes! Family and friends will also need to sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Are dogs welcome? Yes! Twilight becomes quite the dog party. Dogs must like people and other dogs. If Fido likes to chase horses and deer, this is not the event for Fido. If dogs are running on course, they must be kept on leash the first loop and can be off leash once runners spread out.
- Are there showers? Yes! Nice ones, too.
- Do I need to reserve a camping spot with Penny? Nope, car and tent camping is in a large field. Set-up as you wish.
- Are there refunds? No.
- Can I rollover my entry to the next year? No